What is Meditation?
Broadly speaking, meditation is a relaxed, centred state of awareness and connectedness: a place of being in the here and now. During meditation, our brain wave patterns slow, taking us into a pleasant, light day-dreaming state which induces overall wellbeing.
What happens during a meditation session?
You will be guided into a relaxed state, using breathing techniques, and then you will be led through a series of visualisations. At the end of the session you will be given the chance to talk about how you felt during the meditation.
As a result of meditation:
- The heart rate slows down
- Blood pressure begins to reduce
- The rate of breathing slows, which reduces the need for oxygen
- Muscle tension decreases, which reduces aches and pains
What are the benefits of meditation?
Most people report:
- More energy
- Better sleep
- Enhanced immunity
- Increased concentration
- Better problem-solving abilities